- How to Protect Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian call Guest Relations at 213-986-2624.
- Information Collected
- Types of information Collected
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Date of birth or age
- Driver’s license number
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Registry or list information
- Your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- How you use our sites and mobile applications, search terms, pages you visit on http://kshopinusa.com/ and our mobile applications and application performance
- Geo-location and in-store location
- Media Information (e.g. Advertising engagement in social, digital, and broadcast media)
- IP Address
If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
- How to Your Information
- You Provide It to Us
We collect information that you enter on our digital properties or give us in other ways (e.g. when you order on kucusa.com, purchase a product in a EKORUS store or create a gift registry).
- Automated Information Collection
We may connect information collected automatically with information we already have about you in order to identify you as a EKORUS guest. If we are able to identify you as a EKORUS guest we may, for example, link your activity on our website to your activity in a EKORUS store or on one of our mobile applications. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, in store, mobile, etc.
In order to provide the best guest experience possible, we also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our stores, and on our mobile applications, the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
- Third-party automated collection
We and our service providers use anonymous identifiers such as cookies and other technologies to collect and store certain types of information (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) whenever you interact with us or third-parties that use our services.
- Social Media Widgets
Our sites and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you are visiting on our site. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Mobile Location Information
If you use a mobile device, your device may share location information (when you enable location services) with our websites, mobile applications, services or our service providers. For example, precise geo-location can be used to help you find nearby EKORUS stores. Or, in-store location through the use of your phone’s blue tooth signal, LED light chip technologies or other technologies will permit EKORUS to find nearby products for you, get you real-time deals, auto-sort your shopping list and more.
- Store Cameras
We use cameras in and around our stores for operational purposes such as measuring traffic patterns and tracking in-stock levels. Cameras in some stores may be used for fraud, theft prevention and security.
- Information from other sources
We collect information about you from other sources to enhance our existing guest information and improve the accuracy of our records. This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing.
- How to Use Your Information
Information we collect is used for a variety of purposes, including activities such as: processing transactions, helping our guest relations representatives resolve issues, identifying fraud and improving our services. In addition, information we collect improves your experience by delivering more personalized interactions and advertising in digital (e.g. EKORUS Website, mobile app, other online sites) and social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram), as well as TV and Video platforms.
We also use information we collect for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our stores and on our mobile applications, the performance of our store efforts and your response to those store efforts.
- Our Purposes (including but not limited to marketing)
- Deliver coupons, mobile offers newsletters, in-store receipt messages, emails, mobile messages, targeted advertising and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews or Weekly Ad, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
- Cross-context and cross-device linking
- Interest based advertising
- Improve guest experiences
- Conduct research and analysis
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
- Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, on our websites or mobile applications, or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding guest service via our contact center, guest service desk, or on social media or internet chat platforms. Chat functionality allows our Guest Relations specialists to see what a guest is typing before hitting the send button. This allows for quicker response time as our specialists anticipate questions.
- Provide services such as Gift Registry or a shopping list
- Manage subscription services, including order management, billing, improving reorder experiences, communicate with you about your subscription, and offer other products and services that may be of interest to you
- Fulfill benefits associated with use of our services, such as delivery of Welcome kits, to award and redeem points through our loyalty programs, etc.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, pseudoephedrine or age-restricted purchases)
- Allow you to, using our mobile applications: find a store nearest to your location, show you a map of the store (if available), use our drive up (where available) capabilities, add and redeem offers, search for products and check availability, check prices, provide product ratings and reviews, track your orders, scan a UPC barcode or QR code, use voice recognition to add to your list, update information, etc.
We merge data collected from our own websites and mobile apps. Examples of the data collected include: cookie IDs, device Advertising IDs (such as Apple and Google’s Advertising Identifiers); transaction and browsing history; your interaction with our online and mobile advertisements, including advertisements we serve within our emails and advertisements that we serve on behalf of third parties through Galleria Market’s in-house media company; information about ads we serve, such as which ad was served, your interactions with the ads, and the URLs where the ads are served from marketing partners such as Google.
- Cross-Device Linking
We may also link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant experience on another device. This allows us to deliver more personalized and consistent advertising to you (for example, if you purchase a product on our website using your desktop, we are able to avoid showing you an advertisement on the same product on your mobile phone; if you add an item to your cart on Galleria Market Website through your mobile device, but leave Galleria Market Website without purchasing the item, we are able to show you that item in your cart on another device).
- Interest Based Advertising
EKORUS participates in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications. This information is used to serve ads for Galleria Market products or services or for the products or services of other companies when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These parties typically use a cookie, web beacon or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information. Galleria Market adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory principles for IBA.
- User Experience Information
In order to improve guest online and mobile shopping experiences, help with fraud identification, and assist our guest relations representatives in resolving issues guests may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), browser and device information.
- Social Media
- Social Media Ads
We may display targeted ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits such as likely commercial interests and demographics. For example, we may target guests who have expressed an interest in shopping for groceries, cosmetics, clothing, etc. See the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
- Prevention of Fraud and Other Harm
Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business (e.g., product recalls)
- Legal Compliance
For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
- How to Be Shared Your Information
- Service Providers
We may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as printers, e-mail providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, sweepstakes vendors, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement services, fraud prevention providers or shipping services providers, including product vendors) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. We limit information shared with service providers to what is necessary to fulfill the services.
- Registries and Shopping Lists
If you create a gift registry or shopping list, your information will be accessible on our website, mobile or social applications, on partner registries, and on kiosks in stores. If you purchase an item from a registry or shopping list, information such as your billing name and address will be made available to the owner(s).
- Legal Requirements
We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights property or safety of our company, our guests or others.
- Elsewhere at Your Direction
At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information.
- Sharing Non-identifiable or Aggregate Information with Third Parties
We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers
In connection with the sale or transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our guests. We also may retain a copy of that guest information.
- Choices that you can do
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you have the ability to unsubscribe from promotional e-mails via the unsubscribe link included in each promotional e-mail. You may continue to receive program-specific marketing emails through a program such as, but not limited to, A Bullseye View. You can unsubscribe from program-specific emails via the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of those program-specific emails.
- Text Messages
We may send text messages you have consented to receive. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting “STOP”. After you send “STOP”, we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that short code, but you may receive text messages if you are subscribed to other text lists. If at any time you have questions about the text messages, text “HELP”. After you send “HELP” we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. Message and data rates may apply.
- Geo-Location and In-Store Location
You may prevent your mobile device from sharing your location data by adjusting the permissions on your mobile device or within the relevant app.
- Cookies, Tracking, and Interest-Based Advertising
The help function of your browser should contain instructions on how to set your device to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your device to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our features.
To opt-out of the vendors we use for cross-device linking, go to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Choices page at www.aboutads.info/choices and perform a global opt-out on each browser and device that you would like to be opted out on. Opting out in this manner means that the browser on the device from which you opt-out will no longer receive information collected on devices linked to it, that devices linked to it will not receive information collected from the opted-out device, and that the vendor will not transfer information collected from the opted-out device to a third party. Please note that this will not opt you out of cross-device linking or advertising across linked devices based solely on your visits to our websites or apps.
To opt-out of our interest-based advertising for EKORUS’s goods and services or those of another party, online and in third-party mobile applications, visit Digital Advertising Alliance’s Choices page at here and perform a global opt-out. Options you select are browser and device specific.
To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. The opt-out tool described above is Cookie-based. Therefore, the opt-out will only function if your browser is set to accept third-party cookies, and it may not function where cookies are automatically disabled or removed. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
- Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, but we do provide you the option to opt-out of interest based advertising (see above for opt-out information).
- How to Access and Update Your Information
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created a EKORUS account, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Call Guest Relations at 213-986-2624 with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.